Support Coordinator - Melbourne
Guide Dogs Victoria provides high quality training to maximize the independence of people living with low vision or blindness. Our professional services extend beyond the provision of guide dogs, and include innovative children’s mobility programs, orientation and mobility training for adults and people living with an acquired brain injury (ABI), and social networking programs to support active community participation. Guide Dogs Victoria is also Australia’s most trusted charity and an employer of choice in the disability sector. Our staff enjoy an inclusive and collaborative working environment where talent is recognised and innovation is encouraged.
Guide Dogs Victoria has a full time permanent opportunity for an experienced professional to join our Team as a Support Coordinator. The role will be a primary support for clients who hold funding packages, to assist the planning for the use for their funding and implementing the services that our clients require.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Supporting clients to understand their funding and assist them in defining an action plan for identified goals;
- Working with clients to implement a variety of support options in line with their NDIS plan;
- Ensuring that mainstream services are meeting clients requirements;
- Ensuring funding supports are being implemented within the allocated budget;
- Assisting clients in building greater independence to be able to self-direct services and supports in the future;
- Providing NDIA with reports on outcomes and success indicators; and
- Evaluating the clients’ progress against identified goals.
The successful candidate will have:
- Certificate IV in Disability or Community Services/Social Science;
- Exceptional communication skills;
- Ability to be able to navigate the multiple sectors to link individuals to relevant services and support;
- High level understanding of the support and services provided by Guide Dogs Victoria;
- A strong client and customer focus and a commitment to person centred service practices;
- A commitment to live the values and behaviours of Guide Dogs Victoria; and
- A strong alignment with the vision of Guide Dogs Victoria in delivering independence to people who are blind or have low vision.
Benefits that Guide Dogs Victoria offer:
- A competitive remuneration package is available commensurate with skills and experience, which includes tax free salary packaging of up to $18,550;
- Flexible working arrangements;
- 6 weeks paid parental leave for the primary care giver;
- A week of Study Leave and educational assistance;
- Access to an external mentoring program with the Institute of Managers and Leaders;
- Employee assistance program for employees and for members of their household;
- Annual onsite flu vaccinations or vouchers for vaccinations close to home with participating partners; and
- Quarterly Reward and Recognition program.
Applications (including a Cover letter and Resume) to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Guide Dogs Victoria welcomes applications from people with disability, including those with low vision and blindness. We acknowledge the rights of people with disabilities to have equal opportunity for participation in meaningful employment and are committed to increasing the representation of people with disability in our workforce.