Survey Competition Terms and Conditions of Entry
Guide Dogs Survey Competition Terms and Conditions of Entry
The survey is now closed. The prize winners were Marg Shanahan, Winsome Hughes, Dom Willson, and Amy Syder.
1. The Promoter is Guide Dogs NSW(ABN 52 000 399 744) of 2-4 Thomas Street, Chatswood NSW 2067, Australia (the ‘Promoter’). The Promoter’s telephone number is 02 9412 9300.
2. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the Terms and Conditions of Entry. Entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
3. To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
Who can enter
4. Subject to the clauses below, entry is open to all residents of Australia who have fulfilled the requirements set out below (‘Eligible Entrants’). Entrants must be over the age of 18, as of the date of entry.
5. Entry is not open to employees and immediate families of the Promoter. Immediate family includes the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or first cousin.
How to enter
6. To enter Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotional Period (defined below): complete the survey in full sent through an email. Entrants are emailed an invite to participate in a survey. By completing the survey and filling in their details including the entrant’s name, email address and phone number they are entered into the draw.
7. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by the Promoter’s database, not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
8. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late or invalid entries due to technical issues.
Number of Entries permitted
9. Only one entry per person is allowed. The promoter may disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process.
10. This includes, but is not limited, to entrants using multiple email addresses and phone numbers to register multiple entries.
Open, Close, Draw and Publish dates
11. The competition commences on 01/02/2021 at 9:00 AM and closes 22/02/2021 at 12:00 AM (‘Promotional Period’). All times noted in these Terms and Conditions are local times, based on the NSW location of the Promoter – Guide Dogs NSW, 2-4 Thomas Street, Chatswood NSW 2067 . If any draw date falls on a public holiday, as defined in the state of the Promoter, that draw will be conducted on the next business day. Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time.
12. The winners will be drawn via random selection at the premise of Guide Dogs at 2-4 Thomas Street, Chatswood NSW 2067, Australia on 24/02/21 at 03:00PM. The Promoter will ensure that all entries have an equal chance of winning a prize.
13. The winners will be notified by email or phone within 2 business days of the draw. Their names will also be published on 3/03/2021 at https://www.guidedogs.com.au for 28 days.
14. Prizes in the form of gift vouchers be sent within 28 days of the draw.
15. The Promoter may conduct such further draws on 3/03/2021 (at 3:00PM at the premise of Guide Dogs at 2-4 Thomas Street, Chatswood NSW 2067, Australia) as the original draw in order to distribute any prizes unclaimed by this date, subject to State and Territory legislation. Winners of any further draws will be notified by email within two business days of the draw. Their names will also be published on 10/03/2021 at www.guidedogs.com.au for 28 days.
Prize on offer
16. The total prize pool is valued at up to $2,500 (Including GST), as at 1/02/2021.
17. The total number of competition winners in this competition is five. The prizes on offer are:
Number of prizes: 5
Prize description: $500 Visa Gift Cards
Value of each: $500
18. Prize must be used before the expiry date stipulated on the gift voucher. In the event a winner does not take the prize by the time stipulated, then the entire prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
19. Gift vouchers are subject to the terms and conditions imposed by the gift card provider. Once awarded, the Promoter is not liable for any voucher that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way.
Further Terms and Conditions
20. Any entrant found to have used a third party (including online competition entry site) to enter on their behalf will have all entries invalidated and any claim they have to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any prize awarded. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who provides false information or who seeks to gain an unfair advantage or to manipulate this competition.
21. Any entrant found to be entering incorrect contact details, including incorrect email contact details, will have all entries invalidated and any claim to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any prize awarded. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
22. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State and Territory legislation. Cash will not necessarily be awarded as a substitute. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier’s requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
23. The Promoter highly recommends a current residential street address or email address be provided when requested for ease of correspondence and potential prize delivery. The Promoter makes all reasonable efforts to deliver prizes to the addresses provided by competition entrants. The Promoter cannot guarantee that any prizes returned to the Promoter due to non-delivery at the provided address will be re-sent to the prize winner.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to sign a winner’s deed of release (and indemnification) or any other relevant forms or agreements that the Promoter deems necessary, to provide proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity (including phone bill) in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
25. The Promoter reserves the right to conduct a redraw in the event that an entrant, claiming to be a winner, is unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions or has breached these Terms and Conditions.
26. The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of the competition is subject to State and Territory legislation but also final and binding on each person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. Prizes are subject to availability, not transferable or exchangeable and, with the exception of cash prizes, cannot be taken as cash. Prizes will be sent to the winner’s nominated email or residential address. The Promoter and their associated agencies, and companies associated with this promotion will take no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
Privacy Collection statement
Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
28. Prize-winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of that prize.
29. The Promoter (subject to State and Territory legislation) reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
30. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
31. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (‘Non-Excludable Guarantees’).
32. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Entrant; or (f) use of a prize. The Promoter (including its’ officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits or opportunity), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this competition including taking or using a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law), including the Non-Excludable guarantees. Any change in value of the prize occurring between the publishing date and date the prize is claimed is not the responsibility of the Promoter.