Orientation & Mobility Instructor
Guide Dogs Victoria provides high quality training to maximize the independence of people living with low vision or blindness. Our professional services extend beyond the provision of guide dogs, and include innovative children’s mobility programs, orientation and mobility training for adults and people living with an acquired brain injury (ABI), and social networking programs to support active community participation. Guide Dogs Victoria is also Australia’s most trusted charity and an employer of choice in the disability sector. Our staff enjoy an inclusive and collaborative working environment where talent is recognised and innovation is encouraged.
Guide Dogs Victoria has a vacancy for an experienced professional to join our Client Services Team in the position of Orientation and Mobility Instructor on a permanent full time basis. This role reports into the Children’s Mobility Team Leader.
In this role you will be responsible to:
• Undertaking interviews, assessment, training, follow-up and aftercare programs for clients of all ages;
• Supporting the provision of high quality client programs that address the mobility needs and goals of our clients and working in collaboration with the team in delivering engaging group programs; and
• Ensuring all client reports and documentation are completed in line with our quality framework, and reporting requirements to the NDIS and other fee for service bodies.
The successful candidate will have:
• Tertiary qualifications in orientation and mobility and previous experience working within the field;
• Enthusiasm, energy and high levels of initiative;
• A commitment to live the Values and Behaviours of Guide Dogs Victoria;
• A strong client and customer focus and a commitment to person centred service practices; and
• A strong alignment with the vision of Guide Dogs Victoria in delivering independence to people with low vision or blindness.
While this role is based in Kew, the role will require travel across metropolitan Melbourne and Regional Victoria in the delivery of services. A competitive remuneration package is available commensurate with skills and experience, which includes tax free salary packaging and a company provided tool of trade motor vehicle.
Please submit your application (including a Cover letter and Resume) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guide Dogs Victoria welcomes applications from people with disability, including those with low vision and blindness. We acknowledge the rights of people with disabilities to have equal opportunity for participation in meaningful employment and are committed to increasing the representation of people
with disability in our workforce.