Guide Dogs Operations and Planning Manager
Guide Dogs provides high quality training to maximize the independence of people living with low vision or blindness. Our professional services extend beyond the provision of guide dogs, and include innovative children’s mobility programs, orientation and mobility training for adults and people living with an acquired brain injury (ABI), and social networking programs to support active community participation. Guide Dogs Victoria is also Australia’s most trusted charity and an employer of choice in the disability sector. Our staff enjoy an inclusive and collaborative working environment where talent is recognised and innovation is encouraged.
Guide Dogs has an opportunity for an experienced professional to join our Guide Dogs Centre of Excellence in the position of Guide Dogs Operations and Planning Manager.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Review current guide dog operations and planning processes across the Centre of Excellence and lead the redesign of systems and processes;
- Lead the implementation of change required to optimise operations;
- Develop an effective end to end demand & production planning process with full dog life cycle management;
- Ongoing management of dog operations & facilities, including overseeing all dog, resources and equipment logistics and their movement and management;
- Ongoing management of all systems and data management across dogs team; and
- Assist the Head of Canine & Supply Chain Services to continue to enhance the Guide Dogs Centre of Excellence across New South Wales and Victoria;
The successful candidate will have:
- Formal tertiary qualifications or relevant experience;
- Proven track record of leading operational teams in complex multi-site environments.
- An effective people leader and team player with experience deriving customer, operational and economic efficiencies in production and supply chains ecosystems.
- A strong client and customer focus and a commitment to person centred service practices;
- A commitment to live the values and behaviours of Guide Dogs; and
- A strong alignment with the vision of Guide Dogs in breaking down barriers so people can live the life of their choosing.
Benefits that Guide Dogs offer:
- A competitive remuneration package is available commensurate with skills and experience, which includes tax free salary packaging of up to $18,550;
- Flexible working arrangements and hybrid working including working from home;
- 6 weeks paid parental leave;
- Support towards your professional development including paid study leave, educational assistance and an external mentoring program;
- Wellbeing program which includes an annual wellbeing calendar, discounted health insurance, employee assistance program and annual flu vaccinations; and
- Quarterly Reward and Recognition program.
Applications should include a cover letter and resume sent to email@example.com by 20 August 2022.
Guide Dogs Victoria welcomes applications from people with disability, including those with low vision and blindness. We acknowledge the rights of people with disabilities to have equal opportunity for participation in meaningful employment and are committed to increasing the representation of people with disability in our workforce.
Mandatory for all new staff to Guide Dogs:
Guide Dogs is a disability service provider that is captured by the State vaccination Pandemic Orders. All employees are required to comply with COVID-19 vaccination requirements as a condition of their employment, including third dose vaccinations. Vaccination evidence or valid medical exemption must be provided prior to the commencement date.