Guide Dogs Victoria provides high quality training to maximize the independence of people living with low vision or blindness. Our professional services extend beyond the provision of guide dogs, and include innovative children’s mobility programs, orientation and mobility training for adults and people living with an acquired brain injury (ABI), and social networking programs to support active community participation. Guide Dogs Victoria is also Australia’s most trusted charity and an employer of choice in the disability sector. Our staff enjoy an inclusive and collaborative working environment where talent is recognised and innovation is encouraged.
Guide Dogs Victoria currently has a vacancy for an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Guide Dog Mobility Instructor.
In this role you will be responsible to:
- Assess and train guide dogs and provide mobility programs to people with low vision or blindness including assessment, training, follow-up, orientation and aftercare programs for clients (including domiciliary and Training Centre-based programs).
- Ensure all client reports and documentation are completed in line with our quality framework, and reporting requirements to the NDIS and other fee for service bodies; and
- Working in conjunction with practitioners across the breadth of our services in the provision of holistic support to our clients.
The successful candidate will have:
- Internationally (IGDF) recognised qualifications as a Guide Dog Mobility Instructor;
- The ability to work collaboratively with a range of other practitioners across multi disciplines;
- A thorough practical working knowledge of contemporary issues within the disability sector and person centred approaches, together with a strong client focus;
- A commitment to live the Values and Behaviours of Guide Dogs Victoria;
- A strong client and customer focus and a commitment to person centered service practices; and
- A strong alignment with the vision of Guide Dogs Victoria in delivering independence to people with low vision or blindness.
Benefits that Guide Dogs Victoria offer:
- A competitive remuneration package is available commensurate with skills and experience, which includes tax free salary packaging of up to $15,900;
- Paid Parental Leave;
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Annual Flu Vaccinations;
- Quarterly Reward and Recognition program.
Mandatory for all new staff to Guide Dogs Victoria:
Guide Dogs Victoria is a disability service provider that is captured by the Victorian Government COVID-19 vaccination Pandemic Orders. All employees are required to comply with COVID-19 vaccination requirements as a condition of their employment, including third dose vaccinations. Vaccination evidence or valid medical exemption must be provided prior to the commencement date.
Applications (including a Cover letter and Resume) to be emailed to email@example.com
Guide Dogs Victoria welcomes applications from people with disability, including those with low vision and blindness. We acknowledge the rights of people with disabilities to have equal opportunity for participation in meaningful employment and are committed to increasing the representation of people with disability in our workforce.