Guide Dogs Victoria is a leader in breaking down barriers that enable people, who have blindness or low vision live life without limits.
With over 65 years of experience, we specialise in providing client directed high quality, inclusive services and supports We are one of Australia’s most trusted charities and an employer of choice in the disability and aged care sectors. Guide Dogs Victoria recognises and responds to the diverse needs and choices of our Clients.
We recognise and celebrate the diversity of our employees and volunteers and the benefits this brings to our organisation. Our people enjoy a work environment that free from all forms of discrimination and is welcoming place for all identities. Guide Dogs Victoria is a place where talent is recognised and innovation is encouraged.
About the role
Guide Dogs Victoria has a full time opportunity for an experienced professional to join our Fundraising Team in the position of Gifts in Wills – Campaigns and Engagement Specialist. The purpose of this position is to develop and implement a variety of campaigns that grow the pipeline of supporters who are considering leaving a Gift in their Will to Guide Dogs in NSW/ACT & VIC and steward them to becoming a Bequestor to support the strategy to grow Gifts in Wills.
In this role you will be responsible to:
- Administer the effective operation of Guide Dogs Victoria’s Gifts in Wills Program;
- Develop and maintain relationships with care and compassion;
- Actively contribute to bequest acquisitions and maintain accurate and timely data for the Fundraising Centre of Excellence; and
- Maintaining strategic communications with both confirmed and potential Bequestors via phone, at events and though campaigns
- Design, implement and execute multi-channel supporter journeys;
- Monitor and measure the performance of the supporter journeys including recommendations to optimise the supporter experience and results;
- Attend events and deliver the role of key spokesperson as required in line with operational plans; and
- Analyse, evaluate pipeline projection and conversion results, and provide strategies to improve conversion performance.
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated experience in a fundraising role, or sales, with a relationship building or account management focus.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in a related field such as Sales, Marketing or Fundraising is desirable.
- A commitment to live the Values and Behaviours of Guide Dogs Victoria;
- A strong client and customer focus and a commitment to person centered service practices; and
- A strong alignment with the vision of Guide Dogs Victoria in delivering independence to people with low vision or blindness.
Benefits that Guide Dogs Victoria offer:
- A competitive remuneration package is available commensurate with skills and experience, which includes tax free salary packaging of up to $18,550.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Paid parental leave and additional personal leave entitlements.
- The ability to purchase up to 4 weeks additional leave each year.
- Support towards your professional development including paid study leave, educational assistance and an external mentoring program.
- Wellbeing program which includes an annual wellbeing calendar, discounted health insurance, employee assistance program, skin checks and annual flu vaccinations.
- Employee benefits program and Reward and Recognition program.
Our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion:
Guide Dogs Victoria is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a work environment that embraces and values diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with low vision, blindness or other disability and all persons of all backgrounds to apply. Guide Dogs Victoria is committed to making workplace adjustments to support candidates through the recruitment and selection process and we encourage you to apply, if you are interested in the role.
Mandatory Safety Screening Checks
This role also requires the successful candidate to complete and receive a clear result for a National Police Check, International Police Check (where required) and Working with Children Check.
All employees are also required to comply with COVID-19 vaccination requirements as a condition of their employment, including third dose vaccinations. Vaccination evidence or valid medical exemption must be provided prior your commencement date.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.