New COVID-19 Vaccine Support Program
At Guide Dogs Victoria, the health and wellbeing of our Clients, staff, volunteers, donors and dogs is our number one priority. Since the beginning of the COVID-19 crisis, we have been keeping ourselves updated and following Government advice daily in order to keep the Guide Dogs Victoria community safe and well.
As advice from both State and Federal Governments – and Australia’s top medical advisors – shifts towards encouraging the Australian community to get vaccinated, we want to ensure our Clients have support in place to access vaccination bookings and appointments should you wish to.
We have introduced a COVID-19 Vaccine Support Program to assist Clients who wish to receive the COVID-19 vaccination to do so.
All support provided as part of the COVID-19 Vaccination Support Program is donor-funded, and no external funding sources available to Clients will be used. You are not required to have a recent Guide Dogs Service Agreement to access this service.
You can request support through this service by calling us on 1800 804 805 and ask our Customer Service team for Vaccine Support.
Support is provided initially through our Customer Service team who can:
- Connect you with Department of Health vaccine information, including general COVID-19 information, vaccine eligibility criteria, available COVID-19 vaccines, and COVID testing information.
- Support you to make a vaccination appointment booking on Victorian Government online booking system.
- Support you to make a vaccination appointment booking on a non-government booking system.
- Discuss options for informal and formal supports that will assist you while attending an appointment. We can also discuss any issues you may be experiencing accessing COVID-19 testing sites.
- Discuss options for Orientation and Mobility assistance to be provided to you remotely using technology.
This service does not extend to medical advice of any sort. We recommend you talk to your GP for advice.
We hope you are keeping safe and well at this time, and that this new service will provide you with the support you need should you choose to access vaccination bookings and appointments.