Guide Dogs Victoria provides high quality training to maximize the independence of people living with low vision or blindness. Our professional services extend beyond the provision of guide dogs, and include innovative children’s mobility programs, orientation and mobility training for adults and people living with an acquired brain injury (ABI), and social networking programs to support active community participation. Guide Dogs Victoria is also Australia’s most trusted charity and an employer of choice in the disability sector. Our staff enjoy an inclusive and collaborative working environment where talent is recognised and innovation is encouraged.
Guide Dogs Victoria has a full time, permanent opportunity for an experienced professional to join our Marketing and Communications Team in the position of Senior Events Coordinator. Reporting directly to the Event Manager, the purpose of this position is to execute events in conjunction with the Event Manager and on behalf of the Marketing Centre of Excellence: Guide Dogs Victoria and Guide Dogs NSW/ACT, in order to achieve event strategies and campaigns that align to the broader business and strategy objectives.
In this role you will be responsible to:
- Support in the development of the annual event calendar, including goals, timetables and strategies. Ensuring events are in alignment with the vision, values and goals of Guide Dogs Victoria and NSW/ACT;
- Plan, coordinate and execute events ensuring event objectives and target audience levels are met;
- Coordinate all equipment bookings and logistical support both internally and externally;
- Support in the development of event templates, including run sheets, invitations, briefing notes etc.;
- Prepare event budgets and ensure expenses remain within budget
- Act as point of reference while events are underway, including attending events and facilitating bump in and bump out; and
- Assist with in depth post event analysis and reporting.
The successful candidate will have:
- Relevant prior experience in Marketing or Event Management;
- Tertiary qualifications in a related field such as Marketing or Event Management;
- Strong project management, time management and organisational abilities;
- Comfortability in working autonomously and within set timeframes;
- A strong client and customer focus and a commitment to person centred service practices;
- A commitment to live the values and behaviours of Guide Dogs Victoria; and
- A strong alignment with the vision of Guide Dogs Victoria in delivering independence to people who are blind or have low vision.
Benefits that Guide Dogs Victoria offer:
- A competitive remuneration package is available commensurate with skills and experience, which includes tax free salary packaging of up to $18,550
- Flexible working arrangements;
- 6 weeks paid parental leave;
- A week of Study Leave and educational assistance;
- Access to an external mentoring program with the Institute of Managers and Leaders;
- Employee assistance program for employees and for members of their household;
- Annual onsite flu vaccinations or vouchers for vaccinations close to home with participating partners; and
- Quarterly Reward and Recognition program.
Applications (including a Cover letter and Resume) to be emailed to email@example.com.
Guide Dogs Victoria welcomes applications from people with disability, including those with low vision and blindness. We acknowledge the rights of people with disabilities to have equal opportunity for participation in meaningful employment and are committed to increasing the representation of people with disability in our workforce.